Pricing Engine is looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented Programmer / Quality Assurance Intern to join our tech team. Our senior tech staff will give you tasks to work on and provide mentorship along the way.
An open mind, a thirst for knowledge, a strong analytical approach to problems and a keen eye for aesthetics and simplicity are what we’d be mainly looking for in the candidates. If you can put yourself in the customers’ shoes, think holistically about solving problems elegantly, and can look at things from different angles, you might be a perfect fit!
Successful applicants will add much to their programming skills, learn the QA process and be involved in product design, use case review and customer strategy.
Bonus: The intern will be exposed to the internals of digital advertising and gain hands-on experience with one or more of Google AdWords, Bing Ads and Facebook Ads.
- To ask questions and apply what you’ve learned
- Writing and testing code as instructed by senior tech staff
- Defining test cases and doing black-box testing
- Assisting engineers with issue analysis
- Use our bug tracking system to create, manage and resolve bugs
- An understanding of web-delivered applications.
- Familiarity with databases like MySQL and MS SQL Server and an understanding of SQL.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well within a team. We all leave our egos at home and we expect the same from you.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or enrollment in one of these majors.
- Prior experience working in a web development company is a plus.
- Software development experience is a plus.
- Software quality assurance experience is a plus.
- Experience in online advertising, especially with channels like Google AdWords and Bing/Yahoo! Ads is a plus.
This position is unpaid but may turn into full time based on performance and company financials. For students, this job experience can be used as credit.
For candidates in school, you must be able to work at least 3 days or 24 hours per week. We are flexible around school schedule.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with a short cover letter and a resume in PDF format. In your cover letter please explain why you are the right candidate and your career goals.
* Local applicants only. No recruiters or agencies please.
Pricing Engine Inc. seeks a multi-talented marketing intern to contribute to our growth plans. We’re a funded and growing digital media startup that makes online advertising simpler and more effective for small and medium sized businesses (SMBs). Founded by a Columbia Professor and experienced digital professionals, we’ve tested the product with hundreds of users and are ready to reach out to thousands more. That’s where you come in!
You’ll be helping our senior team execute our digital advertising, content strategy, press outreach, and social media marketing. You’ll get experience and exposure across a range of disciplines, with the opportunity to contribute directly to the growth of our user base. On any given day you could be drafting content, managing social media, or helping set up new search and digital advertising campaigns from our enterprise partners.
Joining our team will be the first step in a career for anyone who wants to work on a startup from the ground up. We don’t need you to get coffee or run errands or make our office look busier. We want you dedicated to helping us execute our comprehensive marketing strategy. We’re a tight group of dedicated, creative and energetic people in a casual and upbeat environment in the local NYC tech scene. For the right candidate, the internship could lead to a full time position, or part-time during the school year to start. We’ll provide a small stipend (think beer money, not big money) and candidates with interest and aptitude can even gain Google AdWords and Bing Ads (Microsoft & Yahoo!) certifications over the course of their internship, and we’ll pay the fees - giving you an excellent credential for wherever your marketing career may take you.
- Support internal and client search and digital advertising efforts
- Assist with content marketing and community through social media
- Help manage press and event outreach
- Supporting overall marketing and communications efforts
- Strong familiarity with digital marketing and social media
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Strong writing and communication skills (Visual design skills are a plus!)
- Completed or working towards a Bachelor’s degree
Interested? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this posting! We’ll be screening qualified candidates at our west Soho offices on a rolling basis until we find the right person. If that’s you, we look forward to meeting you!
Pricing Engine, a rapidly growing digital advertising services company, is looking for a mid-level .NET Engineer to join its select team of developers. As a full time engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing software to deliver a secure and feature-rich experience to our users and partners. The candidate must have ample knowledge and experience programming C# and the ideal candidate will be versed in other relevant languages & technologies as well. Recent, hands-on knowledge of the latest versions of .NET and a thorough understanding of OOP and database concepts are required. Experience working with APIs, whether creating or consuming them, is a good-to-have.
Successful candidates will have a focus on detail and your passion for the craft and respect for standards puts you a level above the crowd. If you consider software architecture and design patterns fun topics, you are the right candidate. Of course, attitude goes a long way as we consider company culture an important part of who we are.
The position is based in Soho NYC at WeWork Labs - our own brand new office within a vibrant startup community. It’s near major subway lines for an easy commute. Salary will be competitive based on experience and will include an equity component as well as full benefits including company-paid health, dental and vision plans.
Pricing Engine is just as concerned with hiring the right people for a cultural fit as we are tech skills. You are expected to be part of the team and to be focused on the same goal: improving how smaller businesses do their online marketing, to make it easier for them to take action and to track success. We know it’s hard to make things simple but for our small business customers, ease of use and respect for their time and resources is key. The ideal team member will have experience executing and be ready to contribute to strategy, have a practical approach with a good sense of judgment and also a healthy work/life balance.
Here is a list of must-haves. Training opportunities will be presented as needed - we want people to grow as we meet new challenges!
- Take part and own backend/mid-tier development aspects of the new and current features from a brainstorm session all the way to deployment.
- Adopt and maintain a set of guidelines and best practices. Share these guidelines with colleagues as required.
- Design and write code to the highest standards.
- Fix and improve what our business team breaks – we use our own tools!
- Good understanding of .NET framework and up-to-date knowledge of and experience with the latest versions.
- Solid handle on the C# language and ASP.NET MVC 4 (on Visual Studio 2012 or newer).
- Write queries, procedures in MySQL as well as create/manage indices.
- Knowledge of other, perhaps non-relational databases.
- Working knowledge of SOAP, RESTful web services and SOA.
- Experience working with source control.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and grow professionally!
- Bonus: some experience programming with Java language.
Please submit your resume and any relevant portfolio links to email@example.com